Honoring a priest in your life is a special occasion, no matter what the day or event. Their guidance, leadership and service continues all year long – and a message like “thank you” or “you’ve inspired me” means so much. Here are some easy ways to honor a priest with quality Catholic gifts and cards:
1. Send a special message to your priest with a handwritten Catholic card. You can celebrate their ordination day, their birthday, a milestone in years of service, or just honor their commitment to ministry with a note they will cherish. Some religious greeting card companies, like The Printery House, have a special story that goes along with the card. These cards, for example, are designed, lettered and created on-site at The Printery House, an apostolic work of the Benedictine monastery at Conception Abbey. For 60 years, the monks have worked alongside artists there to create beautiful, meaningful and unique cards for every occasion to honor a priest. Go behind the scenes for a glimpse of this process!
2. Send a quality Catholic gift item that will inspire and remind your priest throughout the year that the work they do truly impacts lives for Christ. How about a framed print for his office? One that says “Preach the Gospel at all times; use words if necessary,” from St. Francis of Assisi, is a simple and powerful reminder that you recognize your priest’s acts of service in the name of the Gospel.
3. Does your priest drink tea or coffee? How about a mug and coaster set honoring his faith. One that describes a “Man of Faith,” with the message “As for you, Man of God,…pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, gentleness. (1 Timothy 6:11),” will be a great complement to his work area.
4. A beautiful wall cross makes a meaningful statement to your priest and is always a quality Catholic gift. Several new designs are available, from a Dove of Peace to classic or antique designs and a Jerusalem Wall Cross. Some have bright colors and bold messages; others are simple and powerful on their own, like the Olive Wood Comfort Cross for holding in the hand.
5. Your priest is likely a reader. How about a few new bookmarks to accompany a handwritten card? Pope Francis designs are sure to inspire, as are contemporary designs. Pick up some extra for him to send in his own cards and notes of encouragement.
Today, in the New Year, as you consider how to let your priest know you value and appreciate his service and his ministry, you have so many options for sharing your thoughts. Why not surprise your priest this month with an unexpected token or card, just to say “thank you.” Check out the new gift items and unique card collection offered by The Printery House – every purchase supports the ongoing work of building up new champions of the faith.