Carry the Cross Patiently
Those in the older generation (and maybe some of the newer) know what a gift drawer is, and how useful it can be. It’s the practice of picking up gift items here and there, as well as cards, and keeping them in one easy-to-find spot for when you need to send someone a quick token of appreciation or mark an occasion.
Gift drawers may be seeing resurgence in popularity lately for a few reasons, such as the convenience of online ordering with quick or free shipping, and new visual mediums showing all the options that are available. The premise, however, is the same no matter how you order the items – being ready for taking advantage of a special gift-giving opportunity. If you’re Christian, you likely have friends, family members, teacher and coworkers who share your faith. Your well-stocked gift drawer with great Christian products can add meaning (while still being convenient) as you surprise these special people with the occasional gift.
Here are some ideas for the top five Christian products you may want to keep in your own gift drawer:
1. Simple but meaningful wall plaques. Wall art is a major trend right now, thanks to sites like Pinterest for keeping viewers supplied with thousands of ideas. Pick up a few bold and inspiring Christian wall art pieces from a source like The Printery House, and you’ll be ready for any occasion. They work very well for weddings, encouragement, thank yous or “just because.”
2. Candles are always a great choice. Keep a selection of candles handy in your gift drawer. Some come with customized candle holders and they’re always an appropriate gift year-round. Throw in a few gift bags and some tissue paper, and you’re ready when an opportunity arises.
3. Coffee, anyone? Most people still enjoy a good cup of joe, or hot chocolate, or tea…so keeping a few inspiring mugs in your gift drawer means you’re able to share your thoughts easily. Put a small gift card inside to a favorite coffee house and it’s done. You could even throw in a favorite verse or two on a notecard inside the mug.
4. A hand-held cross is always appreciated. A hand-held cross, such as the popular wooden Comfort Cross, is always a great gift – and especially for someone going through a difficult time. These crosses are used during prayer, meditation, walking and almost anywhere because they fit in a pocket or a purse.
5. Can a great card also be a great gift? The answer is yes. A selection of tasteful religious greeting cards gives you a chance to write a powerful message or a simple “thinking of you” at a moment’s notice. Many people may eventually share a gift or shelve it, but a special note inside a card will be treasured for years. If you choose a card that also has a special story behind it, such as those made by the monks and artists at The Printery House, the card is even more unique.
Stock up your gift drawer this week with a diverse collection of Christian products in an online order from The Printery House. And then just wait … the opportunity to brighten someone’s world will likely be more evident than ever! (And you’ll be ready.)