Only a few miles from the Printery House is the site of the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration at Clyde, Missouri. If you live near the area, it’s worth a trip to see their incredibly beautiful adoration chapel, as well as their chapel of religious relics. Just be sure to phone ahead to make sure they are not closed to the public on that day, due to a change in their schedule.
It was after WWI (1920-1927) the Sisters ran the Caritas Project that enabled them to send financial aid to seminaries, religious communities, and cities in Europe. These monies were from the Sisters own benefactors and supporters, as well as the readers of their magazine. As a way to show gratitude, the Europeans who had been helped sent many relics (close to 600). Some came from private donors but the majority came from the Caritas Project. These relics are now on display in the relic chapel.
Another interesting fact about the Sisters is that they make scented handmade soaps, which are infused with a bit of holy water and prayers for God’s blessings on whoever uses it. The Sisters make the soap from natural ingredients, such as shea, cocoa butters, olive, coconut, and almond oils. Available in 44 exclusive scents, “Morning Dew”—reminiscent of the clean, fresh scent of morning in the verdant hills of Ireland—would make a perfect St. Patrick’s Day gift. Abbey Scented Soaps can be ordered from the Printery House website, their catalog, or directly from the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration.