Experiencing Fear? Five Great Religious Items to Share Peace, Hope
More than 200 different people in the Bible say they felt fear. What can you do today to help put your fears to rest and replace them with Christ’s peace?
It’s a very important question. Dr. David Jeremiah shares these powerful stories of fears faced and overcome in a recent book, “What Are You Afraid Of?” In a recent interview about the book, Dr. Jeremiah reminds us that God is always in charge, and He always knows the answer even when things seem uncertain. He can also identify with and handle our fears because He made it a point to express stories about fear across the scriptures and to repeat the statement “fear not” multiple times.
If you’re experiencing fear, or have a friend or family member who is, encourage them today with specific religious items meant to remind and inspire with the reality that God is in charge and He is with us in every step.
Religious items to help a friend or family member find peace in the midst of fear include:
1. A beautiful music box. A music box can be a soothing reminder of God’s love. New from The Printery House is a Peace Music Box, which plays “Silent Night” and reminds us throughout the year that Christ offers a wonderful kind of peace.
2. A comfort cross. A simple wood-carved cross is great to hold during times of prayer or meditation. Some have a unique source, such as the Comfort Cross made of olive tree wood found near the areas of Bethlehem and Jerusalem. It fits in the palm of your hand and can be carried anywhere as a gentle reminder that God is bigger than fear.
3. A cheerful message block. A message block that depicts a scripture about peace, faith or trust in God is a great religious item to give to a friend who needs some special encouragement.
4. A hand-designed card. Send a message of hope and inspiration along with a religious item to share the message that God understands our needs and wants to show His love and compassion.
5. Shield of Faith necklace. With the inscription “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go,” Joshua 1:9B, this stainless steel necklace will be a treasured source of peace for years to come.
The Printery House, set in the rolling hills of Conception Abbey in northwest Missouri, offers a large selection of unique religious items along with monastic-made greeting cards. Let them help you remind yourself or a loved one that God did not give us a spirit of fear. Encourage someone today!