A baby christening is one of those milestone moments you won’t want to forget in the life of your child or godchild.
Christening signifies that the child bears a first tangible demonstration of the Holy Spirit and sets the tone for the child to take part in sacraments as they grow in their faith. Gifts exchanged during this special time are sure to be kept and may even be passed down from a child to their own child one day.
If you’re wondering what are the best baby christening gift ideas, here are some simple suggestions:
1. Personalized picture frame with the child’s name and the date of the christening event help to capture the special moment. This can remain a statement of God’s love for years.
2. Children’s jewelry with religious emblems for infant girls is something they will treasure. A dainty bracelet or necklace (as a keepsake, not necessarily to be worn right away) is also memorable and a special choice.
3. A keepsake jewelry box also makes a great baby christening gift for a girl.
4. A special bible with a handwritten note will guide them in their faith for years to come. Honor and celebrate a baby’s baptism with a bible made even more special with your handwritten message of faith.
5. Decorative crosses like the Noah’s Ark Cross make a bright and cheerful addition to either a boy or a girl’s room, and will serve as a constant reminder that God keeps His promises.
6. The line of endearing Willow Tree sculptures includes several designs with a loving adult figure and a child, which is an excellent gift choice as a godparent or grandparent.
Scripturally, this is a great season of life to remind yourself, and also in any handwritten cards or notes you may send to the family, that God speaks highly and often of children in the Bible.
Even in Genesis, God tells parents to “be fruitful and multiply” and says that children are a blessing, a gift and a very significant responsibility.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise…
2 Timothy 3:14-15 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
Find all of your baby christening gift ideas, cards and other items to share in a child’s faith at The Printery House – now celebrating 60 years of cards and gifts, with all cards made on-site at Conception Abbey, a Benedictine Monastery.