St. Patrick’s Day is only 10 days away, but there’s still time to prepare to celebrate all things Irish. Many legends surround St. Patrick; one being that he drove all the snakes from Ireland. Historians have found that snakes were never native to Ireland, so some think this is a metaphor for the conversion of the pagans by St. Patrick.
He is also attributed with introducing the Celtic cross. Some of the Irish pagans worshiped the sun, so legend has it that Patrick combined the Christian cross with the circular pattern of the sun as a way to associate light and life with the Christian cross in the minds of his converts. It has also been suggested that by superimposing the symbol of the cross over the symbol of the sun, St. Patrick illustrated the supremacy of Christ over the pagans’ sun god.
Surprise your Irish friends with a framed print of the popular Irish blessing:
Got great walls? Got great faith? Adorn them and express them with Christian wall plaques, art work or paintings.
It’s trendier than ever to get creative with wall art, and today there are so many options for inspiring others who come to your home (or office) with your faith. You’re not limited anymore to traditional colors or the same list of traditional designs.
In fact, Christian paintings are all over Pinterest and other social media sites because there are so many colors and styles in which to share the message of God’s love. You might choose to buy a pre-painted canvas with a bold verbal message, such as a verse, or one with a collection of words that reflect popular verses when placed together.
You might also look for popular Christian wall art that ties in nature together with faith, such as birds as the focus and a scripture, such as: “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.” If you like nature but birds aren’t really your interest, there are many choices that feature grand trees and timeless verses of comfort, such as “For I know the plans I have for you, to give you a hope and a purpose.”
If you like to think outside the box when it comes to Christian paintings, look for bold impressions of the face of Jesus or bold representations of the cross. As you explore your choices, you may notice that you can create this type of art by getting a blank canvas, some paint samples and delving into your own meaning behind your faith. Whether you create it or purchase it from great sources like The Printery House (a 60-year business with its own special story to tell) there’s no limit to what you can share with Christian paintings.
In fact, you may find that this type of faith-filled artwork is the perfect solution to all your gift needs throughout the year, from confirmation and baptisms to weddings and holidays. Choose a few that reflect simple messages of hope and love and keep them on hand – you may be surprised to see how many chances you have to inspire someone when you’re ready with the right message. Look today online at our beautiful Christian artwork, here at the Printery House, and choose a special piece to share the message of Christ.
Those in the older generation (and maybe some of the newer) know what a gift drawer is, and how useful it can be. It’s the practice of picking up gift items here and there, as well as cards, and keeping them in one easy-to-find spot for when you need to send someone a quick token of appreciation or mark an occasion.
Gift drawers may be seeing resurgence in popularity lately for a few reasons, such as the convenience of online ordering with quick or free shipping, and new visual mediums showing all the options that are available. The premise, however, is the same no matter how you order the items – being ready for taking advantage of a special gift-giving opportunity. If you’re Christian, you likely have friends, family members, teacher and coworkers who share your faith. Your well-stocked gift drawer with great Christian products can add meaning (while still being convenient) as you surprise these special people with the occasional gift.
Here are some ideas for the top five Christian products you may want to keep in your own gift drawer:
1. Simple but meaningful wall plaques. Wall art is a major trend right now, thanks to sites like Pinterest for keeping viewers supplied with thousands of ideas. Pick up a few bold and inspiring Christian wall art pieces from a source like The Printery House, and you’ll be ready for any occasion. They work very well for weddings, encouragement, thank yous or “just because.”
2. Candles are always a great choice. Keep a selection of candles handy in your gift drawer. Some come with customized candle holders and they’re always an appropriate gift year-round. Throw in a few gift bags and some tissue paper, and you’re ready when an opportunity arises.
3. Coffee, anyone? Most people still enjoy a good cup of joe, or hot chocolate, or tea…so keeping a few inspiring mugs in your gift drawer means you’re able to share your thoughts easily. Put a small gift card inside to a favorite coffee house and it’s done. You could even throw in a favorite verse or two on a notecard inside the mug.
4. A hand-held cross is always appreciated. A hand-held cross, such as the popular wooden Comfort Cross, is always a great gift – and especially for someone going through a difficult time. These crosses are used during prayer, meditation, walking and almost anywhere because they fit in a pocket or a purse.
5. Can a great card also be a great gift? The answer is yes. A selection of tasteful religious greeting cards gives you a chance to write a powerful message or a simple “thinking of you” at a moment’s notice. Many people may eventually share a gift or shelve it, but a special note inside a card will be treasured for years. If you choose a card that also has a special story behind it, such as those made by the monks and artists at The Printery House, the card is even more unique.
Stock up your gift drawer this week with a diverse collection of Christian products in an online order from The Printery House. And then just wait … the opportunity to brighten someone’s world will likely be more evident than ever! (And you’ll be ready.)
The best religious gifts might surprise you. They can range from whimsical and clever to heartfelt and touching. Today you can expand your thinking far beyond items like a basic cross – new religious gift items truly reflect a growing awareness and interest in faith and all the ways it can be expressed.
Part of the escalated interest in finding the best religious gifts may come from pop culture, with more reality shows and programs allowing faith to shine bright and bold. The wild success of Duck Dynasty, for example, has people searching online for items that express how their faith shared among family makes them “happy happy happy.” Other shows and best-selling books are reflecting a desire to simplify and concentrate on what really matters, and these can be clues as you explore how to find the best religious gifts for a special occasion (or just to encourage someone).
Here are some clues for how to find the best religious gift:
1. Consider the journey the recipient is on. Do they need encouragement? A pat on the back? Or something to smile about or shake up their day? Try a fun and colorful wall plaque or a piece of Christian wall art, which are popular across secular and religious gift markets. A bold statement about faith, a scripture and colorful text make a straightforward statement to the recipient and all who enter their home.
2. Think about the aspects of their faith that seem to inspire them most. If they are enjoying an active quiet time of prayer and reflection, try a top-quality candle with a scripture verse or embellishment.
3. Is the person you’re shopping for getting ready to embark on a journey? Consider something unique, like handcrafted soaps that include a scripture verse. Or, try a subject-specific devotional that’s easy to pack and share.
4. Coffee, anyone? Many of us have a daily routine of coffee or tea, and a beautiful and inspiring mug can be a great gift they’ll use several times a week. It’s also a way to share faith at work in a non-intimidating way.
5. Consider a decorative planter, or even a popular Willow Tree sculpture. Both are excellent gifts to commemorate occasions like religious ordination, anniversaries of religious service or a life milestone. These are the kinds of gifts that are likely to be enjoyed for years and eventually passed on to others.
When you’re pondering how to find the best religious gift, consider the source and the story behind the gift. Gifts and cards from the monks and artists at The Printery House are outstanding for their craftsmanship, quality and because they support a legacy of monastic works. Cards from The Printery House have been made on-site in the USA for the past 60 years, and together with a diverse assortment of gifts, you’ll have everything you need to truly celebrate life and faith with friends and family.