This season often brings with it gifts…so please remember to thank friends and family for them. The Printery House offers a wide range of thank-you notes…from tailored to cute. Gratitude is always in style. I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that has been given you in Christ Jesus… 1 Corinthians 1:4
Tag: Christmas gifts
There’s only 30 days till Christmas Eve, that silent, holy night when Jesus was born and changed the world forever. The Printery House offers a variety of gifts that honor that holy night and the birth of Jesus, the light of the world. Featuring the beautiful Silent Night theme are: pillows, fleece throw, table runner, tablecloth, cards, photo card option, Christmas stationery, and gift bags.
In the stillness of the silent night,
we follow the bright, shining
Star of Bethlehem
that leads to Jesus,
the light of the world.
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
There’s always at least one person on every Christmas list for whom it is tough to come up with a sure win gift. Mothers-in-law often occupy this spot on the list. She may not be the person you have trouble shopping for, but if she is here are a few suggestions for the perfect Christmas gift for your mother-in-law:
- Make a Memory for Her
Just about any mother-in-law will melt into tears of joy to find that you’ve scheduled a family photograph session. It could be with a professional photographer or it could be with a friend of the family who’s pretty good behind the lens, but if you do all the arranging, she will be thrilled. Select the time, the place, the clothing or color scheme so all she has to do is show up. This is a winner.
- Make Her Feel Beautiful
If your mother-in-law is a woman who likes to feel in step with the latest trends and fashions then that is a clue as to what will really make her smile on Christmas morning. Look for the newest beauty product or beauty gadget. Maybe there is a new craze in nail polish, lipstick or bronzing – buy it for her and keep her on the cutting edge where she wants to be. Tuck in a copy of Proverbs 31 and let her know that you think she has that sort of beauty too.
- Make Some Kitchen Fun
If your mother-in-law loves the Food Network or bakes lots of meals and treats for people anyway – give her something that will make it even more fun. Stroll through the fancy kitchen stores and look for things she might never spend money on for herself. Wrap them up in a cookie sheet liner, a terrific apron or a few thirsty dish towels.
- Make a Working Woman Image
When your other mom is a working woman, help her look her best behind the desk. Get her a really fabulous scarf, an understated necklace, or a beautiful pen. Or…treat her to a mani-pedi or a massage at the spa. In her gift box, list some of the hard-working women in the Bible – Deborah, Miriam, Lydia, Phoebe, Priscilla – put her name on the list too. Christian gifts can be anything given with a spiritual intent.
- Make a Date (or several) on a Calendar
Why not give her a new Christian calendar in which you’ve already penned in several family get-togethers and events? It could be Sunday dinners or a weekend away at the lake or a day at the zoo. It really depends on how close you live – the idea is to have set aside several times in the coming year to be with her. Include a line from Ecclesiastes about there being a time for everything under heaven.
- Make Her Reader’s Heart Happy
Some moms are avid readers. Among the many Christian gifts you could give her, don’t overlook the gift of edifying reading. Choose a couple of books you know she’ll enjoy and tuck a pretty bookmark in each one. If you are crafty – make a bookmark and have the grandkids sign it!
The Printery House offers many gifts that would be make a perfect gift for your mother-in-law. Mothers-in-law are part of the glue that holds families together. Celebrate yours this Christmas with a gift that is fun and commends her as a woman of faith at the same time.
When you think Christmas shopping, do you think big-chain retail stores … and lines, full parking lots and general fatigue?
How about this picture instead: You, cozy at home with your laptop and a mug of hot cocoa, enjoying Christmas music and browsing at your leisure through great faith-filled gifts for everyone on your list. This is the scene you can enjoy when you shop Catholic gift stores.
Shopping online for religious greeting cards and inspirational gifts is better now than ever, with new items like fashionable wall plaques, candles, scented soaps and jewelry that helps friends and family members share their faith every day. Another wonderful part of shopping online if that retailers have safe and secure sites that can even hold onto your favorite items in a wish list or shopping list.
So what are some of the top items to click, buy, and relax again with this year?
1. Focus more this year on the power of the written word, expressed by you in a beautiful religious greeting card they’ll keep to display year after year. Don’t breeze through a bustling retail store at the last minute for cards for parents, spouses, teachers or in-laws – try taking your time and enjoy the awe-inspiring collections you can find online. The Printery House, for example, offers stunning artwork and messages created by monks and artists on-site at Conception Abbey, a Benedictine monastery in northwest Missouri.
2. Message blocks pack a lot of faith in a small space. Send a college student or faraway friend a message block, adorned with bright colors and affirming messages of faith that will complement any shelf, desk or corner.
3. Celtic-inspired items are trendy and fashionable all year, across all age groups. Pick up a Celtic cross necklace or two for a Sunday school teacher or family member. Keep an extra one on hand for a great gift. Teens wear them too!
4. For the guys, try a unique “Man of Faith” mug and coaster set or a scented shaving kit, part of the Monastery Scents line. The soaps are hand-crafted by the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, and come attractively packaged and ready to wrap. The boxed collection includes Oatmeal & Honey, Frankincense & Myrrh and Swiss Lavender.
5. Now, how to celebrate that extra time you gained by shopping Catholic gift stores at home? Pick out a bright and bold new Jim Shore ornament from The Printery House to light up your tree or anywhere in your home. You’ve earned it!
You’re only a few clicks away from some peaceful Christmas shopping when you browse Catholic gift stores like The Printery House online. For 60 years, The Printery House has created wonderful greeting cards in their on-site print shop, and they offer a full line of inspirational gifts, too.